After the 1-1 draw at the Stadio Friuli, the Parkhead club were charged with “the
displaying of a banner of an offensive nature and the setting off of
fireworks by supporters”.
Rangers manager Ally McCoist admits he may be forced to choose between
Boris Pandza and Marius Zaliukas as he aims to strengthen his defence.
Bosnia international Pandza has been in talks with the club for a number of
weeks, while former Hearts captain Zaliukas has been training at Murray Park
since last Thursday.
McCoist has already recruited eight new signings for Rangers’ assault on
Scottish League One this season.
But he may be restricted to adding just one central defender after being
unable to offer trialist midfielder Sam Kelly a deal.
McCoist said: “[Marius] and Boris are two players we’ve been looking at
and I’m very keen to strengthen that department.
“I’m not sure if there’s a budget for both and I would need to speak to
Craig [Mather, chief executive] about that.”
McCoist also confirmed that Scott Gallacher and Andy Mitchell could both
secure loan moves later this week.
Goalkeeper Gallacher looks set for a temporary switch to fellow League One
side Airdrieonians, which would allow McCoist to sign veteran keeper Steven
Simonsen, while Mitchell has had interest from both Arbroath and Annan.
Meanwhile, Rangers could announce an extraordinary general meeting by
Friday, with the board yet to reach agreement with a group of shareholders
seeking change.
The investors want former Ibrox director Paul Murray, Sandy Easdale – brother
of current non-executive director James – and accountancy expert Frank Blin
appointed as directors.
The group have also proposed the return of ex-chairman John McClelland to the
board.
The proposal was put to the club on Sept 4, with the shareholders signalling,
if accepted, they were ready to withdraw a request for the removal of chief
executive Craig Mather and other key directors.
Rangers are keen to avoid an EGM but have so far failed to reach agreement
that could see proposed boardroom changes folded into the business of the
club’s annual general meeting which is set to take place in October.
Hibernian have announced a profit for the first time in two years.
The Edinburgh club reported a £100,000 pre-tax profit for the year ended July
31, 2013, compared to a loss of £1 million the previous year.
Turnover increased by £1.1 million to £8million from £6.9 million in 2012.
Chairman Rod Petrie said: “The return to profit is a welcome improvement
on the previous two years and gives the club a solid platform for future
sporting success.”
Former Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels says he is actively looking for
a new job and claims he has learned from his parting from the Rugby Park
outfit.
“Yes, I’m looking to get back in,” Shiels told STV. “Who knows
where it’s going to be?
“My children are all grown up so I can travel anywhere and hopefully I
can get a job that suits me.
“It’s a horrible industry because you’re waiting on someone losing their
job and it’s a bizarre feeling.”
He added on his Kilmarnock parting: “I think I’ve reflected on it and
though that there’s things you can’t say and things you have to be careful
of. But in the football industry in Scotland I think there’s a lot of things
need to be looked at and need to improve.
“I don’t think I’ve ever not been mellow. That’s one thing that I am.
It’s just that the important thing is how it’s perceived.”
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar